The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes: The major trade shows are back
The Cannes Film Festival in July was a real success and shows the confidence that’s returned thanks to Cannes’ professionalism. As early as 25 August, Vorwerk confirmed this trend by organising its show and welcomed the resumption of face-to-face activity with digital support. Thus, in Cannes, events can be organised in optimal health conditions. All the provisions have been brought together to reassure organisers and their clients, provide them with support and solutions, GBAC Star Facility health certification, medical concierge service, creation of a digital studio, the Hi5 permanent studio... From September to the end of the year, the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès is bringing back its major exhibitions, a hope that’s been rediscovered in the events sector and for the Cannes economy.
Weyou group opens the season and launches two new trade fairs
On 1 and 2 September, 3 of the group’s events were held at the Palais des Festivals:
- Transports & Logistics Meetings
- IT & IT Security Meetings
- Security, Safety & Prevention Meetings
14 and 15 September:
- Customer Relationship & Marketing Meetings
3 and 4 November:
- Financial Legal and HR Meetings
8 and 9 November:
- Hotel and Restaurant Meetings
24 and 25 November:
- Workplace Meetings
- Healthcare Meetings Cleaning - New
- Environment, Cleaning & Climate Meetings - New
The group organises numerous professional events focusing on one-to-one meetings in very diverse sectors, and in November it launches 2 new salons, the Healthcare Meetings and Environment Cleaning & Climate Meetings. One responds to the new societal challenges related to health, and the second aims to connect professionals and find the solutions of tomorrow in terms of cleaning and environmental protection, which are crucial topics.
A dynamic business tourism calendar
All events that usually take place between September and December are confirmed for 2021. This loyalty and returning business is a sign of the revival of Business Tourism and the vitality of the destination, which has strengthened its attractiveness during the pandemic, investing massively for the future.
- From 7 to 12 September 2021, the Cannes Yachting Festival takes over Cannes’ 2 ports. The 2021 edition will welcome nearly 600 boats, 430 exhibitors and more than 140 previews (10% more than in 2019).
- Having been postponed, MIPIM offers the MIPIM September Edition, coming to town from 7 to 8 September, with an exhibition space, high-level conferences and lots of networking opportunities.
- CANNESERIES, 4th season from 8 to 13 October, open to a wide audience, present in 2020, it continues its expansion.
- It is in conjunction with MIPCOM, the world leader in audiovisual content, from 11 to 14 October.
- The Tax Free World Exhibition returns to Cannes from 24 to 28 October, showing new confidence in the resumption of international trade.
- Mare di Moda returns to Cannes from 9 to 11 November 2021.
- The NRJ Music Awards return to Cannes on 20 November after being exceptionally relocated in 2020.
- MAPIC is the place to be from 30 November to 2 December 2021 for the world’s large shopping centre sector.
- ILTM will be in Cannes from 7 to 9 December 2021.
New events are also confirmed in the calendar, in September, from 15 to 18, the SFMV medical congress, as well as 2 corporate conventions on 14/15 and 23/24, while the Silver Eco Salon, meanwhile, will be held on 13 and 14 December. 2022 also promises to be a good year for MICE activity supported by the City of Cannes and the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès with the launch of events in innovative sectors.